Narrative Reflection

This narrative essay assignment has to be my first essay of its type that I have written. I have no memory of me writing a narrative essay before this one. My narrative essay tells the story of a time where I struggled to find my reason to fit in when it came to my uncle’s death since I’m one of the very few people in my family to have never met him. This piece revealed tome that I am capable of turning a semi-traumatic moment in my life into a piece of literature that others may relate to even if the situation is not identical. During our peer review my peers were able to recognize the climax of my story which I was debating on making more apparent since I worried it lacked visibility and thought it would be hard to depict. My peers also pointed out that some lines of description were not necessary since they didn’t add any value to my story which I definitely agreed on after rereading it. In retrospect I removed and added lines of description in order to increase the quality of my story and to allow the reader to comprehend certain settings and moods.